Knee Surgeon & Elbow Specialist – Palatine IL
Knee Surgeon & Elbow Specialist Serving Palatine, IL Residents
The village of Palatine, Illinois is home to countless athletes, ranging from high school athletes to mature aged adults participating in senior programs. No matter the resident’s age, they are sure to find an athletic activity to keep them healthy and active throughout the year in this Chicago suburb. Unfortunately, some residents will experience a sports injury or overuse injury to the elbow, shoulder or knee joint. If this occurs, Dr. Nikhil Verma, knee surgeon and elbow specialist, treats Palatine residents suffering from an orthopedic injury at his nearby office locations.
Sports Doctor Available to Assist Recreational Athletes Living in Palatine, IL
The Palatine Park District is an amazing organization responsible for providing parks, facilities and recreation programs to the community of Palatine, Illinois. The Park District offers residents:
- Seasonal, public and charity events that are designed to keep residents physically active, as well as engaged in the community. Examples include a Turkey Trot and a Feet Fest 3K Walk/Run.
- A variety of athletic programs including sports leagues, golf, gymnastics, swim team, diving, dance and senior programs.
- Affiliate programs such as Bike Palatine Club, Celtic Soccer, Penguins Lacrosse, Renegades Hockey and Rugby Club.
- Numerous parks and recreational facilities including athletic fields, basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts and miles of trails.
With all of these recreational activities available to residents, the risk of sports injuries and overuse injuries are fairly high in the Palatine community.
Knee surgeon and elbow specialist, Dr. Verma specializes in:
- Frozen shoulder
- Biceps tendonitis
- Joint preservation and cartilage restoration
- ACL injury
- Patellar dislocation
- Knee ligament repair
- Stem cell injections
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy
Knee Surgeon, Shoulder Doctor & Elbow Specialist Dedicated to Treating Palatine, IL High School and College Athletes
Palatine, Illinois is home to two high schools, Palatine High School and William Fremd High School, as well as William Rainey Harper College. All three of these educational institutions offer students a diverse athletic program. Young athletes are able to compete in numerous sports, including baseball, basketball, wrestling, cross country, track and field, soccer, softball and volleyball.
Parents with children, no matter the child’s age, who participate in sports are constantly concerned about the risk of sports injuries and overuse injuries. Millions of students visit physician offices each school year for a diagnosis and treatment plan for a joint injury.
Common sports injuries in young adults include:
Youth athletes heavily involved in one sport may also experience overuse injuries, such as:
- Stress fractures
- Growth-related injuries
If you live in the Palatine, Illinois area and have experienced a sports injury or overuse injury that requires treatment, please contact the orthopedic office of Dr. Nikhil Verma, knee surgeon and elbow specialist.