Rehabilitation Guidelines for Pec Major Repair
Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Pec Major Repair
- Sling at all times. Keep incision dry.
- May begin active/passive elbow/wrist/hand ROM
- Continue sling.
- Continue elbow/wrist/hand ROM
- Shoulder passive ROM only:
- Keep arm in front of axillary line. (no shoulder extension)
- Supine FF to 90°.
- ER to 30°
- Begin Cuff Isometrics.
- May D/C sling.
- Begin Active/Active Assist shoulder motion.
- Restore Full passive shoulder ROM (No Limits).
- Cuff/Scapular stabilizer strengthening.
Week 12- 6 Months
- No immobilization.
- Progress with strengthening.
- Allow light bench press.
May resume full strengthening activities at 6 months