Rehabilitation Guidelines for Osteochondral Allograft Transplant
Please note that these instructions are general guidelines to be followed; however, any written or verbal instructions provided by Dr. Verma or either Physician Assistant supersede the instructions below and should be followed.
Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Osteochondral Allograft Transplant (OATS)
- Strict NWB with crutches
- Knee immobilizer until quad control is adequate
- Quad sets, Patellar mobilization, SLR
- Progress to Full WB by 6 weeks post op
- D/C any immobilizer
- Begin Active ROM as tolerated. Advance to full ROM.
- SLR, Closed Chain Quad Strengthening, Hip Strengthening
- May initiate stationary bike for ROM.
- Full Pain free ROM
- Begin closed chain activities (wall sits, mini-squats, lunges, shuttle)
- Normal pain free gait.
- Progressive Active strengthening
- Begin sports specific exercises