Rehabilitation Guidelines for Femoral Condyle Microfracture
Please note that these instructions are general guidelines to be followed; however, any written or verbal instructions provided by Dr. Verma or either Physician Assistant supersede the instructions below and should be followed.
Post-Operative Rehabilitation Guidelines for Femoral Condyle Microfracture
- Strict TDWB with crutches
- Brace locked in full extension
- Quad sets, Patellar mobilization
- Ankle Pumps
- Advance to full WBAT by 4-6wks.
- D/C crutches when gait normalized
- Begin Active ROM as tolerated.
- SLR, Closed Chain Quad Strengthening
- Progressive Strengthening
- Begin stationary bike
- Begin jogging and advance to running
- Progressive Active strengthening
- Begin sports specific exercises
- Return to all activities including cutting/pivoting sports