Rehabilitation Guidelines for AC Joint Reconstruction
Please note that these instructions are general guidelines to be followed; however, any written or verbal instructions provided by Dr. Verma or either Physician Assistant supersede the instructions below and should be followed.
- No formal PT x6 weeks
- Sling for 6 weeks
- AROM at elbow and wrist only
- Grip strengthening OK
- PROM 0-90 FF, 0-45 ABD MAX, ER/IR as tolerated
- Elbow / wrist / hand ROM ok
- NO cross body adduction for 8 weeks
- Isometric exercises in all planes
- NO RROM shoulder flexion until 12 weeks post-op
- Progressive full AAROM > AROM of the shoulder
- Isotonic shoulder exercises
- NO RROM shoulder flexion until 12 week post-op, and has regained range of motion.